Friday, September 21, 2012

Suck my dick, IRS.


Internal Revenue Service
1973 N. Rulon White Blvd.
Ogden, UT 84201-0021

09/20/12

To Whom It May Concern:

I do not agree with the changes made to my Federal Income Tax Return from 2010.  As you will see from the enclosed documentation, which includes the completed 2010 return, a copy of the 1099 as retrieved from the tax service I used to file my taxes, as well as a copy of the page on which one can see proof that I entered the income in question, I did, indeed claim the income I am being accused of omitting.
Your documentation states that the unreported income is $20 while my records indicate that is was $20.50 which is the amount I claimed on my return.

Further, I am unclear as to how a supposed discrepancy of $20 can result in $2,629 in taxes.  As I am in one of the lowest tax brackets, as evidenced by my adjusted gross income from 2010 of $38,945, I find it implausible that I would owe such an astronomical figure on such a miniscule amount.

Perhaps you could ask Mitt Romney to pay his fair share before going after someone who is barely getting by.  That’s just a suggestion coming from a tax-paying citizen.

Thank you,

Daisy Eagan